Get a Free Estimate
Sod Company in St. Augustine & Jacksonville, FL
Make your yard the envy of the neighborhood by calling The Sod Boss for sod installation service in St. Augustine, FL. We’re a local sod installation company serving customers in Saint Johns and the greater Jacksonville area. Not only do we offer professional sod installation but we also provide services in landscaping, lawn maintenance, and sod delivery if you're looking to install the sod yourself. We’re available by phone to answer all your sod or grass related questions and provide free estimates on all of our work.
Not all sod companies offer the same level of care as The Sod Boss. As local residents in the communities we serve, we never forget it's your business that keeps us going. That's one reason why we offer the highest quality sod and customer service around. What's more, we're proud of the work we do. We understand how the needs of grass change from season to season. Our pride and thorough sod knowledge will show through in the health, strength, and appearance of your newly installed sod.
We only use local North Florida sod farms’ products for all our sod installations jobs. These Florida sod farmers are dedicated to producing the finest grasses. Our sod is cut to order and installed the day it is cut. We are installing a same-day cut product which increases the survival rate of the sod. A great product along with the best customer service we provide insures your sod will look great for years to come. Our customers, great reviews, and word of mouth has made us what we are today.
Contact us today to schedule a free estimate. We’ll come out to your property to take measurements and provide you with a written quote that will never fluctuate in price.
- High Quality
- Best Experts
- Happy Customers
- Free support
Some Of Our Recent Projects
The Sod Boss Prices / FAQ Question
- 1Sod Boss prices are determined by several factors: the species of sod, the number of pallets and is it being delivered or installed. Most Jacksonville sod companies including The Sod Boss, will schedule an appointment with you to diagnose your diseased or damaged grass, take a proper square foot measurement, and discuss with you the best sod grass species to fit your needs.
- 2The species of sod grass is one factor in determining the cost per pallet whether it is delivered or installed. Sod Boss prices from the least expensive to the most expensive are Bahia grass, St. Augustine grass, Centipede grass, Bermuda grass and Zoysia grass. You can also expect to pay a little more for the more shade tolerant cultivars or cultivars which are considered better overall quality of each species.
- 3The Sod Boss, as well as most sod installation companies, price sod per pallet is also based on the number of pallets being installed at one time. Loading trailers, equipment and travel are all fixed costs so the fewer the pallets usually the more expensive per pallet. Our Jacksonville sod prices are based on a graduated scale and depending on the square footage of your sod replacement, and the square footage per pallet of your selected sod grass species will be a factor in your sod prices.
- 4Location, location, location. If the area of sod grass being replaced is in a back yard or fenced in and the gate opening diameter is less than 10 feet wide, the price per pallet will be a little more. Because we use a forklift to spot sod for easy access it takes less man hours to install. If the sod grass must be wheelbarrowed to the location of installation, this takes considerably longer to install and will be reflected in the price per pallet.
- 5Most of the time there will be old dead or damaged sod grass and weeds which needs to be removed to the bare dirt before new sod grass can be laid. In the event that we are installing sod on dirt from a graded lot, pool install, or new construction the price per pallet will be less than if it includes clean up as well. If inquiring about a quote by phone or email be sure to indicate all the necessary information for fair and competitive Sod Boss prices.
The work performed by The Sod Boss dramatically changed our garden. It’s so appealing and enjoyable we want to spend each night there!
“The Sod Boss did a wonderful job on our front yard! They were very prompt and finished the job early! The field crew and foreman were wonderful to work with!”
“We love the great work you did! We now can enjoy our backyard and can’t wait to show it off. You made the process so easy and fast. Great Job!”
“The Sod Boss crew was wonderful to work with. My backyard garden is beautiful and will bring many years of contentment and relaxation. Thanks to all of you for an excellent job!”